Sunday, September 19, 2021
Home Game Supercars upheaval following COVID outbreak

Supercars upheaval following COVID outbreak

The COVID-19 outbreak in Victoria has forced Supercars into another calendar reshuffle, with this month’s round at Winton dropped from the schedule.

Instead, teams will return to Sydney Motorsport Park, which hosted last weekend’s successful return to racing, with fans able to attend for the first time.

The Winton round had been under a cloud due to the spike in coronavirus cases in Victoria, as well as Queensland’s strict border rules that would have forced a number of teams and drivers based in that state to quarantine if they raced at Winton.

“Following discussions with all government health authorities on the new interstate restrictions, the practicable solution is to go back to Sydney Motorsport Park later this month,” Supercars boss Sean Seamer said.

“Sydney Motorsport Park was a logical choice as we have a proven track record of completing a safe event there based on what we achieved last week.

Scott McLaughlin won the opening race of the Supercars round at Sydney Motorsport Park. (Supercars)

“Following NSW State Government guidance, we are thrilled that we will be able to accommodate fans each day of the July event.”

Crowds will be welcomed back, with a limited number of tickets available for each day. Spectators will be asked to spread out to maintain physical distancing.

“All personnel at the event successfully maintained social distancing at Sydney Motorsport Park last weekend and will adhere to the same protocols for the event next month,” Seamer said.

Leave your vote

Comments

0 comments

- Advertisment -

Most Popular

We’re now at GameDeveloper.com!

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/GamasutraNews/~3/Kqyv1ngG6FM/

‘He’s a true heavyweight now’: Oleksandr Usyk ready for Anthony Joshua

https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/32219277/oleksandr-usyk-ready-anthony-joshua

Transfer Talk: Man Utd have inside track for Dortmund’s Bellingham

https://www.espn.com/soccer/blog-transfer-talk/story/4478284/transfer-talk-man-utd-have-inside-track-for-dortmunds-jude-bellingham

Barcelona’s decline is no surprise, it’s their new reality

https://www.espn.com/soccer/barcelona-espbarcelona/story/4476752/barcelonas-decline-is-no-surprise-as-pique-saysit-is-what-it-is

Comments

0 comments

close

Log In

Forgot password?

Forgot password?

Enter your account data and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Your password reset link appears to be invalid or expired.

Log in

Privacy Policy

Add to Collection

No Collections

Here you'll find all collections you've created before.